After our sweet little dog Dora got sick last year with pancreatitis, we decided to mostly stop feeding her dog treats because so many of them have a ton of fat, sugar, and other additives. However, we do make an exception if we really trust the ingredients in the treat. That’s why I was excited to see if she liked the Pro-Treat Freeze Dried Liver dog treats from Stewart Pet. They’re 100% liver, and after reading more about them I could tell they would be safe for her sensitive tummy.
We have always fed her only organic foods, so making the switch to only 100% natural products for dog treats made sense. Now her treats are a baby carrot once or twice a week, and sometimes I make mini treats from whole wheat flour + organic beef/chicken baby food (here is the recipe if you’d like to make that 2-ingredient dog treat!). She loves those things, but I have to say she went even more wild for these Stewart Pet treats! It makes sense since they are totally made of meat.
Here is what I like about the dog treats:
- Tiny size: They’re “reward size” so you won’t overfeed your dog. The small size would also be great to use for training- though Dora is already trained 🙂
- Made in the USA: You probably heard that news story last year about dog treats made outside the US having toxins in them. That scared me enough to only buy USA made pet products going forward!
- Made without additives or preservatives
- Only 1 ingredient: good for doggies with allergies or sensitive tummies
- Seven flavors to pick from: I’ve noticed that most dogs aren’t too picky about flavors, but some might have a favorite!
Yum! Dora approves of the Stewart® Pro-Treat® Freeze Dried Liver Treats. She got the turkey flavor. I think it will take a while to use up the tub since she’s such a small dog, but next we’re going to try beef flavor!
**I received this product in exchange for writing an unbiased review. All opinions are my own. To read more reviews or to buy, go to the sponsor’s page: http://stewartpet.com/our-products/pro-treat-freeze-dried-treats/**