After our sweet little dog Dora got sick last year with pancreatitis, we decided to mostly stop feeding her dog treats because so many of them have a ton of fat, sugar, and other additives. However, we do make an exception if we really trust the ingredients in the treat. That’s why I was excited to see if she liked the Pro-Treat Freeze Dried Liver dog treats from Stewart Pet. They’re 100% liver, and after reading more about them I could tell they would be safe for her sensitive tummy.
We have always fed her only organic foods, so making the switch to only 100% natural products for dog treats made sense. Now her treats are a baby carrot once or twice a week, and sometimes I make mini treats from whole wheat flour + organic beef/chicken baby food (here is the recipe if you’d like to make that 2-ingredient dog treat!). She loves those things, but I have to say she went even more wild for these Stewart Pet treats! It makes sense since they are totally made of meat.
Here is what I like about the dog treats:
- Tiny size: They’re “reward size” so you won’t overfeed your dog. The small size would also be great to use for training- though Dora is already trained 🙂
- Made in the USA: You probably heard that news story last year about dog treats made outside the US having toxins in them. That scared me enough to only buy USA made pet products going forward!
- Made without additives or preservatives
- Only 1 ingredient: good for doggies with allergies or sensitive tummies
- Seven flavors to pick from: I’ve noticed that most dogs aren’t too picky about flavors, but some might have a favorite!
Yum! Dora approves of the Stewart® Pro-Treat® Freeze Dried Liver Treats. She got the turkey flavor. I think it will take a while to use up the tub since she’s such a small dog, but next we’re going to try beef flavor!
**I received this product in exchange for writing an unbiased review. All opinions are my own. To read more reviews or to buy, go to the sponsor’s page: http://stewartpet.com/our-products/pro-treat-freeze-dried-treats/**
Pets are furry family members, and I know I would do whatever it takes to keep mine safe! That’s why I was excited to link up with Doggie ID to review their personalized pet tag, and even more excited when they offered to give one away to a Sweetly Surreal Life reader!
See the bottom of this post to enter the giveaway!
These are not your average dog tags. They look like mini state driver’s licences, but for dogs. Their website is very easy to use to create your dog’s tag, and they do all the designing for you. You just pick your state, enter your dog’s name, and add your phone number and address if you like. I put something in all the fields it offered, including the extra phone number, because if my dog gets lost I would want people to have a few ways to contact me. If you like, you can upload a photo of your dog too. The hardest part about ordering for me was just picking out which photo of Dora I should upload! When it arrived, it came with two different ways to attach it to her collar, but both of them hung too low so I used the small ring I already had.
Things I like about the Doggie ID personalized dog tag:
- It has a lifetime guarantee, so if it somehow gets bent or scratched up they will replace it. Also it has a money-back return policy.
- Weather resistant so you don’t have to worry about when your pup is splashing in puddles.
- Manufactured and designed in the USA.
- You can pay by credit card or paypal (I am always so irritated when businesses don’t take paypal!).
- Tag size works for small or large breeds- it is 1.75”x 1.75”.
- They look pretty stylish.
Here are some photos of Dora wearing her new Doggie Id tag. She’s gotten many compliments on it already!
Since they are so nice, we’re giving one away! You can use it for your own pooch or make one for your favorite dog lover. Enter in the rafflecopter here through July 6th, 2015:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
**I received this product at no cost in exchange for writing an unbiased review. All opinions are my own. To buy, see the sponsor’s webpage here: http://www.doggieid.com** Free Giveaway Directory